Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Biggest Loser - End of Week 3


It's that time again. This was not a great week for Jess or me. I'm not exactly sure where we went wrong, but the scales did not weigh in our favor. I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seat wondering what the numbers are. So, without further ado, here are the weigh-in numbers this week.

Me - 161 (loss of 1 pound this week and 8 total)
Jess - 155 (same as last week and 5 total)

Wanna see our progress? Check out these other posts: here, here and here.

Why did I only lose 1 pound this week? Well, I can tell you. I actually did better in the exercise department. I lifted weights 3 days and did aerobic 2 days. My big downfall this week was food. I did not watch what I ate nearly as closely. In fact, my biggest food temptation (chips) called my name more than one time this week. I went through an entire bag of chips throughout the week by myself. I am not tempted by sweets or chocolate (although I did have some rice krispy treats as well), but chips and french fries are my stronghold. I usually don't even keep them in the house because I know I have zero self-control. Apparently, I still don't.
I also went through a drive through on Sunday on the way to the Bippity Boppity Boutique (see below) and decided on a burger, fries and coke. My big excuse for not getting a salad was that I was driving and couldn't eat a salad at the same time. However, I did not need to order fries and a coke too. Which brings me to my other misconception.
If I am going to "cheat" at all, I usually think I've messed up anyway, so I might as well go all out. I not only do that at one meal, I will do that for the day. Somewhere in my head, I figure that the day is already ruined anyway, so why not eat whatever I want. I know this doesn't make much sense. It's just what I did last week.
So, on to this week. My plan is to continue the exercise routine I started last week and be way more careful with my food intake! If I'm going to lose 22 more pounds in 9 weeks, I really have to step up my game. The goal is to lose 2-3 pounds a week. So, here's to a better and more productive week!

No comments: