Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Biggest Loser - End of Week 1
Well, the results from week 1 are in. Here are the numbers:
Cassie - 165 (lost 4 lbs.!)
Jessica - 158 (lost 2 lbs.!)
So, I am the winner for week 1!!! :) I tried not to rub it in too bad. I did have the advantage of starting last week while I was on my period (ya know that extra bloating).
The biggest changes for me this last week were:
1) Portion Control - I tend to eat more (way more) than I need. So, this week, I made a good effort to eat only 1 helping (as opposed to the 2-4 I normally do).
2) Eating Healthy - I ate A LOT of salad. I am not a big fan of salad, but I did find a dressing that I really like that is extremely low in fat and calories.
3) Eating 6 small meals - I didn't do this everyday, but I tried. I know that if I eat 6 small, healthy meals a day, I will speed up my metabolism. This also helps with my portion control because I am not famished by the next meal.
4) Excercise - This was the hardest to accomplish. 2 of the days, I played DDR (Dance, Dance Revolution for you newbies). That is some great excercise. 1 day, I played 2 games of volleyball. I would like to start adding weight lifting this week and I need to do aerobic excercise at least 4 times.
5) Drinking Water - I have cut all soda and most juices. I have been drinking mainly water and lots of it.
If you have no idea what this post is about, check out the first "weigh in" here.