Saturday, December 1, 2007

Math Again!

Ok, I just have to say something I forgot in my previous post about Math. If you are trying to figure out which Math curriculum to use and you have a 3rd grader or above, my highest recommendation would be Saxon. They do a great job of making the material student and teacher friendly. They also give just the right amount of problems per lesson and give the answers to the odd problems in the back of the book to help the student correct and learn some on their own. Throughout the years of teaching, tutoring and learning myself, I say Saxon is the best Math material out there.

I don't have many recommendations for other subjects. I do however, really like using the Spell to Write and Read by Wanda Sanseri for our spelling/reading/writing curriculum. I have heard that Bob Jones and A Beka are great resources for Christian based curriculum. If you have any suggestions for a specific subject, I would love to hear about it. There are way too many choices out there to just go in blind.

No comments: