What??!! Oh, ya, you read that right. In case you didn't know, we got a puppy last Christmas for the kids. He has been a great dog and met all of my requirements for adding an animal to our home. He doesn't bark (our last dog barked incessantly and woke kids up from naps all the time), he doesn't shed, he was housebroken very quickly, he is great with the kids! His one down fall when we got him was that he would run away anytime he could sneak out the front door. We got a "training" collar and resolved that problem quickly (I know you animal rights people are having a fit).
Well, I have now learned a new down fall. He likes to eat the needles off the Christmas tree. I didn't even know he was doing this until yesterday when a little voice yelled, "Mom, the dog just threw up on the floor!" I came running in the room (more concerned about my newly cleaned carpet than the dog) and there it was - a pile of Christmas tree needles mixed with the stomach acid from my dog. Was that descriptive enough? No? Ok, it was orange and foamy and sounded like nothing you want to hear when I vacuumed it up.
So, the lesson for me is: Keep the dog away from the Christmas tree!!
I'm trying to think of a way to turn that into a Science lesson for school. So far, nothing comes to mind that doesn't make me want to vomit.