Friday, December 21, 2007

A Gift for Jesus

I just had to share this...
Tonight when Sydney was saying her prayers with daddy, I happened to overhear (ok, I was eavesdropping). Sydney always has very detailed and lengthy prayers and they usually make me smile and giggle a little. She has such a blunt way of talking to her Jesus and I love it. Well, tonight was no exception.
We decided to open the presents we got for our kids tonight because we will be out of town for Christmas (pictures will be coming). Well, it was an exciting night and all the kids were tickled pink that they got to open presents so early. Ok, back to prayer time.
Sydney was saying her prayers and thanking Jesus for the great day today and for the presents they were able to open. She also thanked him for each gift individually. She thanked him for the lasagna I made. She went on and on. That was cute enough, but then she proceeded with, "Jesus, I really wish I could get a present for you (with the most heartfelt tone of voice you can imagine), but I can't. That's why we get gifts for each other."
How precious is that?!

4 comments:

Niall MacC said...

Hello again, I cant believe you red the WHOLE testimony??!! It's a long one.

I have asked Niall to add his explanation about why he doesn't celebrate Christmas on the end of my post but he is very busy this time of year being the local TV man. He is catching up because he had to take a lot of time away from work helping me because my father died last Saturday night.

Well done with your weekly shopping. I think God is helping me to think and conceder how I spend my money on shopping, gifts etc. I have a small enough budget but not that small! I admire you and you are a good example to women, not just Christian ones. I don't have a lot of company with mature Christian women here where I live and I find blogs like yours very helpful.

Recently a woman posted this comment to me about gifts at Christmas time and I couldn't have put it better myself if I tried...

'it's difficult because so many well-meaning friends and family love to spoil our children!'

We had out family day yesterday and all went very well. Glad to hear your children enjoyed their pre Christmas gifts!

I told my son Sean and his friend about your children making a Christmas list... for other people... very ;good example and one I will share again and again.

Well done and than you for the contact.

Niall MacC said...

Oh, one other thing, I went to the doctor this morning. I have a chest infection these few days and realised that I have to get it sorted out because it is getting worse, too much running around and late nights lately.

Anyway, it cost 50 euros for doctor and 20 for antibiotics and medicine (about about 85 or 90 dollars I think) and I said to Niall and Sean that that would feed that family in Africa for almost a year and a half???

Am doing Sunday School with children and am going to talk to them about stuff like this.

Brandi said...

That is SO sweet! I just love that girl!

Bran

Jackie Sue said...

sweet posts...sorry I haven't commented lately, but I am reading :)