Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The BIG 30!!

My birthday celebration actually began on Monday. My sister-in-law and friend decided to set up baby-sitting for the day and take me out. All I knew was that I was to be ready at 10:30 a.m. and have my schedule cleared until 5 p.m. Well, that sounded pretty good to me, so I accomadated.We started the day by having a pedicure.
Aside from the lady not understanding that she was scraping my leg off and that my friend had lost most of one of her toenails that day, it was a very relaxing time. If nothing else, it was a fun memory and my toes look pretty!
Then, we went to Season's 52 for lunch. If you have never been there, you are missing out. It was delicious, quiet and the busboy was totalling flirting (just what an almost 30 year old needs to feel young again!).
From there, we went to the mall and did a little shopping. It was a great day and I loved that I didn't have to plan any of it!!

Then came yesterday! The day started with my children (and some grandparent supervision) bringing me breakfast in bed. This is a first time for me and it was so cute to see them walking in with this fancy breakfast just the way I like it.
The rest of the day was pretty normal. My sister-in-law (who is watching me type this post and is wanting to make sure I include her) and I went to the free movie at the local theater with 9 kids, then met my parents and brother for a birthday lunch at a Mexican restaurant. The rest of the afternoon I hung out at home and my kids and nephew cleaned their rooms (what a great birthday present).
My husband got home early so that we could go out on a date "just the 2 of us". It was my 30th birthday and I did expect something a little more than a date out or dinner with the family, so I was keeping my eyes and ears open. In addition to that, my husband is a terrible liar (a quality I am always thankful for). Well, when we showed up to the restaurant, our table was filled with my family and a loud "Surprise!" with confetti.

There were still a couple of clues that left me feeling suspicious but I was good and didn't ask any questions. On the ride home, I couldn't help but think that there were going to be a group of friends at my parents house when I got there. In fact, if there wasn't, I think I would've been upset. Well, I was not disappointed. When I walked in the door, I was greeted by another big "Surprise!" and about 40 people! What truly did surprise me was the theme of the night.

They decided to surprise me with a birthday roast (not the slab of beef kind). It was a funny and insulting night! They picked the right person to roast because I thought the whole thing was hilarious!! This is a picture of my brother singing me "Cassie's Birthday Song (Dumb, dumb, dumb)". Isn't he sweet? I don't think I can do it justice in writing. So, I am going to be working on getting a couple of short video clips from the evening for your veiwing pleasure. This is a picture of the videographer/my brother-in-law (the person you can blame for how long it takes to get the video) and my pastor (you may think he would the nice one of the crowd, but he roasts me even when it's not my birthday). I can't remember the name of that other guy in the picture.

All in all, it was a great birthday and I am so thankful to all my friends and family who loved on me and helped me celebrate in a fun kind of way!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your joy!
You are so young - but certainly mature to homeschool 4 kids. Happy birthday!

Mom Knows Everything said...

It looks like you had an amazing birthday! Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Your humor is one of the things we love about you...thanks for letting us make fun of you.


I am sure you enjoyed a whole night of people talking about you!

Although I bet it was hard to not be the one talking...remember you can out talk an echo!

:)

Kelly said...

I'm sorry I missed the celebration! I'm glad to hear you had a great time, and hurry with the videos! Now that you're all skinny, when are we going to Aquatica?

lifelaughterchaos said...

wow girl! you are one lucky lady. i don't think i did ANYTHING for my 30th. sigh...maybe my 40th there will be a suprise!

Andrea said...

Looks like you had a GREAT 3-0!

A