Friday, June 6, 2008

10 Years of Marriage!!

Wow! I really can't believe it's been that long! 10 years ago today, I married the man that God had been preparing me for my whole life.
It is so nice to be able to look back over the years and smile :) I know many wives who don't. God has shown me so much about myself through my husband.
He has shown me how to slow down a little and relax.
He has shown me what a person of integrity looks like.
He has shown me that just because I think THIS is the way to do it, doesn't mean it is RIGHT! Oh, hasn't that been a hard lesson to learn over and over?
I know we can get on each other's last nerves and drive each other crazy!! But, in the end, we have grown to support and learn from each other.
I like to remember the vows we took on this day every year. I know they are long, but bear with me. So...
Cory,

I, Cassie, pledge to you, Cory, my faithfulness as long as life lasts. I give myself to you as your helpmate always, to become one with you according to God's ordained plan for our lives together. In doing so, I will be your encourager, in times of fruitfulness as well as disappointment.

I will support and uplift you by my attitude, my words, and my deeds. I will pray for you, challenge and comfort you. I will respect you, and submit to your leadership as to the Lord in the decisions which we will need to make jointly or individually. I choose to stand beside you to support you as we live and grow together, learning to view life from God's perspective.

I will always honor you as the head of our household, just as Christ is the Head of the Church. I give my body fully, totally, and unselfishly to you to satisfy, fulfill, and love you all the days of our lives. I promise to bear, love and raise our children as God chooses.

It is my desire to be a crown to your head and to bring honor to your name. I will trust God to give me a humble, repentant and forgiving heart. I promise to love you as an act of my will for the rest of my life in the presence or absence of romantic feelings. I choose you, Cory, over every man I have ever met or ever will meet, to be my husband.

I say these vows again today as a reminder of all the things I promised you 10 years ago. Thank you for living up to your vows and being our protector and provider and head of our home! You truly are an example of Christ to me in so many ways! I love you and I am so thankful God put us together!


I will be posting pictures from our date tomorrow. We are going to the Cheesecake Factory and "Indiana Jones"!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to look back at where you were and were you are now! Jack and I have been married 12 years this July! Congrats you two!!!

Lisa said...

Very sweet!! I feel the same way about my hubby and we will be married 22 yrs. this Oct. I am blessed! Congratulations to you both!!!

Lisa Q
lifewiththequeens.blogspot.com

Red said...

Woo Hoo, but wait til you get to 27, *GULP*

I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. And yes there is a soulmate out there for us.

Stacy Ann said...

How cute!! Congratulations!!!

http://web.mac.com/smerkin83/Site/Welcome.html

Unknown said...

Congrats! What a nice wife you are to go to Indiana Jones!

Mom Knows Everything said...

What a sweet post! Happy Anniversary!

Brandi said...

Congrats.. you didn't say my favorite part of your wedding. . when your dad was handing Cory your purity necklace and couldn't get it off and finally dropped it INTO your dress!! Classic!

Love you,
Bran

lifelaughterchaos said...

congrats! congrats!!!

Jenileigh said...

This is beautiful! What a wonderful tribute to your husband and marriage! Congratulations!

DJ said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you! It is definitely challenging to maintain a relationship. Many more fantastic years ahead!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! It is nice you were able to go out for your anniversary....sometimes it is impossible with lots of kids. :-)

You look so young in your wedding picture!!!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Congratulations!!! I just posted about our 12th anniversary this weekend as well. Lovely posting!

na said...

Your vows were so wonderful! We came to Christ after we were married and had children. So at the time we said "I do", we just repeated whatever the preacher said without truly understanding what we were agreeing to. That was 11 years ago this July and we couldn't be happier now. Hope you had a great time on your anniversary!

Christy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on ten years! Chad and my 5 year anniversary was on June 7! I loved your vows, especially the part about loving as an act of will, in the absence or presence of romantic feelings- awesome!

Julie said...

Congratulations Cassie!

Kelly said...

Congrats Cassie! 10 years is awesome!

Sunday said...

10 years! That is awesome Cass. Congrats to you guys. BTW, Kudos to you for your weight loss, love the new makeover and hair your a DIVA! I love you, Sun

Sunday said...

10 years! That is awesome Cass. Congrats to you guys. BTW, Kudos to you for your weight loss, love the new makeover and hair your a DIVA! I love you, Sun

Tonya said...

I just happened upon your blog today! Congrats on your anniversary! What is crazy is that my darling hubby and I just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on June 6th as well. What a kawinky dink!!

Tonya
moneysavingabuck.blogspot.com