Thursday, March 27, 2008

We Arrived 10 Minutes Early!!

We actually got out the door on time and the drive went very smoothly and we pulled into the parking lot 10 minutes early! Woo-hoo!!

The day went very well. It was good to see first-hand how the program worked and exactly the routine they use. After all is said and done, I think I would really enjoy teaching in this position. I think the most challenging part for me will be having my own child in my classroom.

Sydney will be in 1st grade next year and I would be teaching the K-1st graders. Ya know how some children do better if their parents are around keeping an eye on them, Sydney does worse. She feeds off me and is my strongest willed child. If I do take this position, I would need a couple heart to heart conversations with my little strong one. I probably will have to have conversations every week on the way there and every week on the way back.

Anyway, it looks like if the current teacher decides not to come back next year, I am hired. Also, my sister-in-law has applied for the same position and we would probably be team teachers for the class if the position is open.

I should know by the week of April 7. I'll be sure to keep you updated.

4 comments:

Jennifer C said...

Cassie,
that sounds like a great opportunity. I'm in the process of trying to find something part time to do this summer. It's not easy finding something that's "family friendly"...looks like you found a great one!:) Praying that the job is yours!:)
Jenn

Niall MacC said...

Hope all goes well with the job. It can be hard to get back into the swing of things but it can be also very exciting... Good luck!

lifelaughterchaos said...

C,
That sounds like a great opportunity! How lucky are you to have a sis in law that homeschools too!

Jenileigh said...

Good for you! Looking forward to finding out with you!