After doggin' my little 3 year old, I feel compelled to tell you some of the things that just make me smile, laugh and squeeze and kiss him. I know I am a little subjective in my perspective, but bare with me.
1) He refers to anything that happened a couple days ago or longer in the past as "a long day ago". So, you will hear him often saying things like, "Remember when we went to see that movie with the bad guy and the silly girl? It was a long day ago." I'm sure it is way cuter to hear him say it in person, but you get the point.
2) He loves the phrase, "OH, Snap!" and he uses it correctly. So, if he asks to do something and you say no or if something happens that is very cool, he will let out a very loud and emphatic, "OH, Snap!". People who have never heard him say this before usually turn and look and giggle. It just sounds funny coming out of the mouth of a 3 year old. BTW, he has discovered how cute he is when he says it, so now I hear this phrase approximately 100 times a day.
3) He will wake up in the middle of the night asking for a hug and kiss if one of us forgets to do that before we go to bed. I don't know how he remembers something like that in the middle of the night, but he does.
4) He wakes up from a deep sleep with a smile on his face. He is the only one of my kids that I can wake up and before his eyes are open, he will show me the sweetest grin ever. I think he just may end up being a morning person.
5) He LOVES his mommy!! He really is a daddy's boy, but he has no problem loving on mommy and me loving on him. He went through a short phase where he didn't want any women (including me) to hug or kiss him. After a "mommy can hug and kiss you all she wants" talk, we got back on track. He really is a snuggling and loving kind of kid. I soak up every minute of it! I know there will come a day when I won't be able to convince him of the mommy can hug and kiss all she wants rule anymore. Until then, I'll take it!