Friday, May 9, 2008

My Self Confidence Boosters!!

Oh, I love the honesty of children. O.k., actually, not really. They will just tell you exactly what they are thinking. So, in the past couple of weeks I have had 3 instances with 3 different children involving something to do with the way I look.
You may be thinking these are good things because I have lost 13 pounds. Nope, not so much. These are those truthful statements that you never like to hear. So, here are the 3 scenarios for your reading pleasure.

1) My 3 old son was standing next to me while I was on the computer. My husband was scratching my back which exposed some of the skin on my sides (including the rolls). This is when my little angel walks over, pokes one of those rolls and says "Mommy, you're FAT!" Just that matter of factly. How nice.

2) My 6 year old has these bumps on her that are basically like warts except they are a virus and will spread if she scratches or picks at them. I am constantly telling her to leave them alone. I was doing just that the other day when she asks me for the 100th time, "Why?". I remind her (for the 100th time) that if she messes with them they will spread all over her body. She looks at me with her "I know it all" attitude and says "Well, mom, you have them all over your face!"
Yes, she was talking about acne. Just when you think you are feeling good, you get knocked down a couple noches.

3) A 3 year old friend of the family was looking at my legs and started pointing to the varicose veins by my knee. She looks up at me and says..
"Aunt Cassie, my grandma has those on her, too!"

WHAT?!! O.k., what is the deal. I guess I need to use more neutrogena face wash, continue to lose weight and get a good enough tan to cover up stretch marks and varicose veins.
Oh, those kids just say the darndest things. Haven't I heard that somewhere before?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my dear, welcome to my world! My kids have been telling me things for years that I really didn't want to know.

Well at least they are honest with me.

Dianna

annieck said...

That is SO funny! Kids...gotta love 'em!

Tristan, my oldest, once told me I have a big hiney. This was the conversation:

Tristan: Mommy, your hiney is big.
Me: Tristan, that's not nice. Ladies don't like to hear that.
Tristan: Oh, you want a small hiney like me?
Me: Yes, I do.
Tristan: Ohhhhhh...maybe one day...

Gotta love it! I had great self-esteem all day after that one. :)

Anonymous said...

My daughter said to me, "Mom, I can play connect the dots on your face!" OK, sure. (I have freckles and getting more now with the dreaded age spots!)

Mom Knows Everything said...

From the mouths of babes eh? Wait until they turn into teenagers, it's scary.

Andrea said...

O.K. That's just funny!

Wait til your daughter asks you if her boobies "HAVE" to look like that when she's a mommy, or can she get different ones? :)

Yeah! Lovely!

A

Dette said...

lol - gotta love it. My middle one gives me the same "fat" comment.

Sheesh!

Sunday said...

Those little boogers. I am waiting for the day that Jakob makes some sort of comment like that not at ALL looking forward to the day just knowing it's around the bend. Good thing they're so darn cute! Sun

Anonymous said...

An honest kid is better than a liar though, eh?

Granted, a little bit of tact goes a long way too.

The honesty of kids is one of the things I like most about them!

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

I had dropped my daughter off at a friend's home as a surprise the other day when she was watching 7 children. I picked up my daughter and the 4-year-old little girl walked up to me, pointed to my breasts and said, very of matter factly I might add, 'Look how jiggly you are.' Her Mom is 22 and very perky. I, on the other hand, am 43 and ran out of the house with a t-shirt and cami (no bra) to pickup my daughter. Oh my!