Friday, January 4, 2008

Revamping the Schedule

Ok, so my schedule is in serious need of a change.

1. I am spending way too much time right here!! How many times a day do I need to check my blog and e-mail? Seriously, I've become a little addicted.

2. The holidays (that's what I'm blaming it on) has brought a serious neglect of cleaning to our home. I caught up with laundry yesterday, but there is still so much to do.

3. I can't remember the last time I had some good, quality time with the Lord. Yes, I talk to him while I say prayers with the kids at night (on the nights I actually take the kids to bed), but I mean some good, in depth, heart cry kinda time. I NEED it!!

4. I am loving the CVS, Walgreens and Publix deals I am finding, but they are taking over my life! I know doing this budget correctly is going to take time and effort. I just need to find a balance. It seems the deals and coupons are ALWAYS on my mind.

5. I am not spending enough quality time with my kids and my husband. I'm home all day (when I am not at CVS) but I'm not always really home.

6. The kids have too much freedom and are not living up to their responsibilities (how can they when I'm not living up to mine?).

7. School has become very lax. We have been out of our normal routine for too long and it's time to get back.

I know some of this really is because of the craziness of the holidays and I just need to get back to some sense of normalcy. Some of this is also a lost perspective of priorities. I will still be doing crazy good deals and blogging, but I am going to write up a schedule to help myself stay in line. I'll post the schedule once I have it done.

I guess this is what I would call my New Year's Resolution.

How about you? Are you back to a normal day routine?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think my schedule really got off track during the holidays because I never got "into" it this year. It was the first year where I don't think I really felt in the holiday spirit. Sad, but true.
I can understand your dilemma, though and I do believe that a written schedule will help you get back on track. Miss you much!

Brandi said...

I don't really know what normal looks like around here! I do need to figure out a schedule though . . .right now it's just, hang out at home!

Love you,
Bran
PS How about scheduling me into that one?!

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

Ugghh This is creepy--I am having the exact same problems, I totally blame it on the holidays--plus add some snow days in there and I just don't feel the motivation. But my kids seriously need it. Monday is a new beginnining--I am even going to attempt for the first time a lapbook project. For some reason they seem intimidating! But I really could see my "hands on" son enjoying it. Good luck to your schedule

Laura said...

Wow, I've also been thinking a lot about about needing a schedule and routine! I mean I NEED it! It's nice to know that others are feeling the way I am!

Anonymous said...

I can't stick to a schedule!! I have the best laid plans and something ALWAYS interfers!! I agree about being here with the kids and not really being here!!! Wow someone else like me!!:)
Me too with time for the Lord!!
GOod luck sticking with teh schedule. I'll put in a good word for you!!

Jamie - Family Focused Fun said...

I love your honesty in this post! Thank you!

lifelaughterchaos said...

Wow! This made my hairs stand on ends! This is soooo me! I am almost addicted to blogging and email. I don't spend too much time on it during the day, but I'm always thinking of checking it!

I also spend so much time being consumed by my coupons and grocery buys...I too am preoccupied.

I give my kiddos too much freedom. Today they were all home from school and I didn't interact with them at all! Of course they were playing nice together, but what was I doing? Yacking on the phone!

It's so nice to see that I am not the only one that struggles with discpline. I always hold homeschoolers in such high esteem...not that you let me down. It actually encourages me.

I hope that you are regrouping...don't be too hard on yourself.