Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Art Class With Grandpa

I have mentioned my dad a couple times on my blog before. For a living, my dad is a professional fine artist. His artwork consists mostly of landscape paintings. They are amazing!! Truly, if you have never seen his artwork before, you should click here. O.k., I just had to get that plug for my dad. I know I may be slightly biased, but he is completely gifted by God.

So, that brings me to this post. I am an extremely left-brained personality (completely like my mom). I do NOT do messy! I know I need to allow my children to express their creativity. This is where grandpa comes in. He has taught my older 2 art class for the last year or so. This year, Sydney is old enough to join. He teaches them in his art studio. Look at how ready he was this morning...Today was the first class of the new school year and they are already looking forward to next Monday. They love grandpa and they love how creative he allows them to be.They are using acrylic paint, brushes and pallets. They are learning how to mix colors to get the shade and consistency they want. They are also learning to do things the way they want to. This is the part that is so difficult to me. I want to show them the way it SHOULD be! I am not very good at "out of the box" thinking.Here are the pictures after 1 hour of class today. They will finish them next week.I love that I don't have to do that part of schooling. I will be writing another post on how my children take gymnastics from their aunt Jaime.
I love homeschooling and getting to pick which village helps raise my kids!!

8 comments:

Jen said...

That is awesome! They will learn a lot from their grandpa! So neat how you have all these great people around you to do differant classes with the kids! Wish I was there and a part of it! :) Love you friend! Jen

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the title!! I can so relate.

Largaespada Family said...

I think it is so incredible that your kids get such a well rounded education! I love that we can all share our talents in order to provide different options for our kids to grow. I sure appreciate all that you offer my girls! The swimming lessons were a major budget saver!

Love,
Jaime

Andrea said...

LOVE IT!

Mikki said...

Wow! What an amazing blessing. How cool is that!! I love to see grandparents involved in the homeschooling!!

Anonymous said...

my favorite quote evah!

i love ...getting to pick which village helps raise my kids!!

:) neecie

Anonymous said...

Wow! your girls look so mum older!

Anonymous said...

Your dad's work is awesome! My daughter is an aspiring artist, and I have to PAY for her art lessons! You are lucky!