Cory has been extremely fortunate to work with his company an extra month than what he thought. So, tomorrow is his official "last day". They have been so helpful in making this time easier and doing anything they can to ease the burden.
One of the nice things about having 8 weeks notice to the end of your job is the amount of time you have to prepare and plan. So, since early in December, we have been operating on a VERY tight budget. Just when you think you can't cut back anymore, you find ways.
It has been amazing to see the way that God continues to bless us. In fact, last night Cory and I were talking over all this and we realized a couple of things:
1) We have a savings account. We haven't had one of those to speak of since we started having kids.
2) We have more in our savings account than we ever have before.
3) We can't really account for even half of that money. I'm sure I could go back week by week and see how God did it. But, off the top of my head, I really don't know.
4) We just did our taxes and we will be able to add a considerable amount to that savings.
5) There are already 4 different side jobs that have been offered to Cory. He has this amazing ability to do just about anything that is needed in a home.
6) We have been able to pay all our bills.
7) I am applying for financial assistance with the hospital for the $5,000 bill we incurred in November. If we are accepted, they will basically wipe out the bill except for $100.
8) We have learned how to keep our grocery bill low enough to feed our family on very little.
So, as we enter this time of uncertainty, it is so neat to see the way the Lord is already providing. I know He has something specific He wants me to learn. I know that He wants to draw me closer to Him during this time. I just pray that I am willing.