Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm Going to Bosnia!!


Dear Blogosphere:

I wanted to let you know about an exciting opportunity God has called me to.

I will be joining a small team from my church that is traveling to Bosnia Herzegovina and Croatia from May 5th-15th. We will assist a group of C&MA missionaries who are gathering from three fields in the Balkans for a Field Forum. Our team of eight will provide leadership in Teaching, Worship, Children’s Ministry and Childcare. I feel privileged to be a part of this significant ministry opportunity, and fully expect to be challenged and changed by the experience in the process of ministering to others.

Westwood has developed a partnership relationship with the Bosnia Herzegovina field, and particularly with Mark & Debbie Byrom, who are C&MA missionaries there. It will be exciting to be able to see firsthand some of the people and projects we have been dialoguing and praying about for the past year.

The cost for this trip is $2,000 per person, and we are in the process of raising support. If you are in a position to help, and only if God prompts you to do so, we will be grateful for your support. There are a couple of ways to send funds:
* A check made out to Westwood Church (with “Bosnia” and my name on the memo line) can be sent directly to the church at 4412 N Apopka-Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32818, or, if you prefer, to my home address.
* A gift can be made through the website www.westwoodchurch.com, where you click on “Giving/Calendar,” then on the “Click to Give Online” link. When the Giving Page opens, click on “Give Now” and fill out the form. You will use “Other Deductible” under Categories & Funds, and be sure to include “Bosnia” and my name in the “Please specify other…” box.

I will appreciate your support in prayer while I travel, as well as for my family in my absence.

Cassie

1 comment:

Brittani said...

what an incredible opportunity! I will definitely keep you in my prayers