Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jordan's Birthday Party

I'm sure I've said this before, but we only throw birthday parties in our family (other than a family dinner) for those milestone years. Well, Jordan just turned 5 and that is definitely a milestone in our book. So, he got to choose what he wanted to do and he immediately asked for a sleepover. I wasn't sure if I could convince many 5 year old boys to sleep away from home, but I decided to give it a try. Well, we had 5 friends at the party (plus all the family) for the evening and then 2 actually stayed the night.
For his birthday dinner, we made homemade pizzas. Being the non-messy person that I am, I just had to stand back and watch. I let all those kids dig in and make their pizzas however they wanted.

Then, they were able to swim for a little bit while we cleaned up inside and got the cake ready. We ended up doing cake and presents on the pool deck to avoid all those wet bodies coming inside. One of Jordan's favorite things to do is swim, so the night was just right for him.

After we were done with all of that, the boys packed up and headed to our house for a sleepover. Cory said the bedroom floor looked like a crime scene without the blood. There were just bodies sprawled all over floor and they all like to take up as much space as possible.

Jordan had a great time hanging out with the boys. It was good to have all the girls gone and watch Batman cartoons and just act like boys. No silly girls trying to put make-up on you, no one telling you what to do. Life was good.

On Saturday, Papa and Cory took Jordan putt-putt golfing. Again, just the guys. Can you tell my little guy needs an escape from here every once in a while?

No comments: