Well, there are a couple of reasons...
1) I was homeschooled until 7th grade so I had the first hand experience and knew that I could do it (I also was a prime example that homeschooling does not make you socially inept).
2) Homeschooling now is different than when I was growing up. When I was a homeschooler, I didn't know anyone else who was. Now, there are so many homeschool groups, homeschool schools and other kids that are homeschooled that my kids have tons of friends they can hang out with during the day.
3) Because I did go to public school from 8th - 12th grade, I know the education level of Florida's public school system (I know this might step on a few toes). I had a couple of classes that I actually had to study and learn, but mostly I read Cliff Notes and learned very little from 8th grade on.
4) Have you read the news?! Every time I hear another report about guns at school, teachers molesting students and so on, I cringe at the thought of having my child there. I know, I know, eventually they will have to face the world. I would just like for it to be when they are ready to face it.
5) I have the incredible privilege to be able to stay home with my children.
6) I have such a great support group at my church where I can learn from those ahead of me and help those coming behind. I love living in community!
I am looking forward to this blog being a place for homeschooling moms to have a place to ask questions, give advice and have confidence in their teaching abilities.